Journeys » Bali (Journeys) » Bali - 2014
BALI - LAND OF THE GODS
A last minute fix organized by Trailfinders. A compromise. Borneo for me Bali for my friend.
The Hotels were only magnificent. The beach clean but the water not clean. Lots of security everywhere. Beautiful lifestyle for those retirees from Australia and the US. Didn't have the time to check the wildlife there, but I got the impression that it is the place to go to for scuba diving, boating, surfing. Ubud was just a marketplace with dangerous potholes. Unfortunately, we were there for the wet season and even the bed felt damp.
Beautiful surfing, scuba-diving, nice food and nice people. FESTIVALS AT CHRISTMAS.
WHERE TO STAY
- Kuala Lumpur, Sama-Sama Airport Hotel, Just before the exit, upstairs. Excellent
- Melia Bali-Despensar, amazing hotel, beach, restaurants, pubs, boutiques
- Ubud, Alila. Spectacular, renowned for the cuisine. Pool, SPA, shuttle to Ubud town.
- KUAL LUMPUR-DENPASAR, BALI,
- Asian Airports are dreadfully cold at night. Kuala Lumpur has a very good hotel at the Airport.
- Hotels are beautiful and meals are gourmet but light.
- No potatoes, no wheat, no butter, no cheese, or cereals, little meat etc, healthy in other words.
- Roads not in good condition and potholes endemic.
- There are a few tours one can take to see dancing, wildlife, villages.
- Lots to buy, not lots to do.