Journeys » Morocco (Journeys) » Morocco - 2016
MOROCCO - NOT JUST FOR HOLIDAYS
At this stage, the Canon Powershot was gone and had moved on to a Lumix. I needed to practice for the Namibian’ desert safari and thought the Sahara desert in Morocco would do.
One night was spent on the Chagaga Dunes in a bivouac (a tent). Quite an experience. Below zero at night and sand everywhere, even in the bed. Fascinating! Carry a sand proof bag.
Rosa is a very good teacher and passionate about photography. Every detail of the tour was beautifully organized and we had a very good jeep and a very pleasant driver.
WHERE TO STAY
- Marrakesh, Riad Akka, Excellent, especially the food.
- Quarzazate, Riad Ouarzazate. Excellent
- M’hamid, Chez Le Pacha, also very good.
- Chagaga Dunes, tent and dinner in a tent too.
- The locals don’t like to be photographed.
- Police along the motorways are very vigilant and don’t like to see cameras.
- The famous botanic gardens in Marrakech are beautiful, especially the gallery.
- Public toilets can be a problem.
- Carry Sanitex bottle and toilet paper.
- People are very friendly.